Safe Ireland Website Policy Statement
Who we are
We are Safe Ireland National Social Change Agency CLG trading as Safe Ireland. Our registered office is Ormond Building, 31-36 Ormond Quay Upper, Dublin 7, D07 EE37. Company Number 291205. This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with the Safe Ireland website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites that have links on our website. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how we handle your personal information, please contact us by phone: (090) 6479078 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Ireland as operators of the Safe Ireland website, respects your rights to privacy. Any personal information which you provide will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in compliance with data protection legislation.
Collection and use of personal information
Safe Ireland does not collect any personal data about you, apart from information you volunteer (for example by emailing us, contacting us through our enquiry form, subscribing to Safe Ireland for newsletter, blog and events updates and when you make a donation or purchase.
What information do we collect about you?
When you email us, contact us through our enquiry form, subscribe to Safe Ireland for newsletter, blog and events updates or make a donation or purchase we collect personally identifiable information about you which can include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address. If you make a donation or purchase on the website you will be asked to provide your credit/debit card number, Safe Ireland do not receive these details they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL Software) and are transmitted directly to our payment providers https://www.paypal.com/IE/webapps/mpp/ua/servicedescription-full?locale.x=en_IE – 8 (Donations) and Realex https://www.globalpaymentsinc.com/en-ie/accept-payments/ecommerce (Purchases).
How will your information be used?
Safe Ireland process the personal data you give us for the following purposes:
- To register your interest in and communicate with you about our services, training, fundraising, advocacy and volunteering opportunities;
- To register you as a subscriber to our newsletter, blog and events updates;
- To respond to your queries and/or information requests;
- To process your job or volunteer application;
- To process your donation or purchase;
- To respond to your feedback or complaint.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Safe Ireland will process your personal data based on the following grounds:
- Your Consent;
- Where it is in Safe Ireland’s legitimate interest to;
- Provide you with information about campaigns & fundraising activities that you have agreed to take part in;
- Provide you with information about events/training/workshops you have signed up for;
- Recruit employee’s and volunteers and assess and process their applications;
- Manage our relationship with you as a donor/supporter/purchaser;
- Follow up with you on your queries;
- Where Safe Ireland has to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract.
Who receives your information?
Safe Ireland will not sell, trade or swap your personal details with third parties.
We will share your information with third parties (Paypal, Realax Campaign Monitor, Eventbrite etc.) in the process of managing your engagement with us such as payment processors for donations, purchases, partners who manage our events/training/workshops you have signed up for.
We will disclose your personal data if we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, court order, summons, search warrant or other statutory, regulatory or legal requirement.
We use external service providers to process personal data on our behalf. Some of these service providers (Paypal, Realax, Campaign Monitor, Eventbrite etc) are located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA.) Where required Safe Ireland puts in place a contract with external service providers that sets out our requirements and their security measures and systems in place to keep your data safe in compliance with data protection legislation. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the EEA.
How long will your personal data be held?
Safe Ireland will keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with our statutory, legal, regulatory and contractual
Security of your information
Safe Ireland hold your personal data on a secure server hosted by Balcknight our website hosting service provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
However, once we receive your personal data we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction and to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing.
Collection and use of technical information
Safe Ireland also log technical details in connection with visits to this website for our statistical purposes and other administrative purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify you as a website visitor. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the visitor’s web server;
- the top level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net);
- the previous website address from which the visitors reached us, including any search items used;
- clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this website (for example pages accessed and documents
- any searches executed while on our website;
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor.
Safe Ireland makes no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of Safe Ireland never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
Click here to read about the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for.
What are your rights?
Under data protection legislation you have the following rights:
- the right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain about processing of your data carried out by us;
- the right to object to automated decision making;
- the right for your personal data to be updated; and
- the right to be forgotten.
Please visit http://gdprandyou.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Rights-of-Individuals-under-the-General-Data-Protection-RegulationAmendedApril.pdf for further information on your rights.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights listed above or update you contact details held by us, please contact:
31-36 Ormond Quay Upper
Dublin 7, D07 EE37
How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may in the first instance contact Safe Ireland using the contact details above.
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to make a complaint directly to the Data Protection Commissioner. The Data Protection Commissioner can be contacted as follows:
The Data Protection Commissioner
This Privacy Statement was updated June 2021. It is subject to change, please check our website regularly to see recent changes.