We are recruiting for a Finance & Operations Manager
Finance & Operations Manager
(3 year Fixed Term – Subject to Funding)
- High Profile National NGO Advocating Progressive Social Change
- Opportunity for an experienced and skilled Finance & Operations Manager
- Attractive Salary Package
Safe Ireland is the National Social Change Agency working to eliminate domestic violence in Ireland. We believe that Ireland can become the safest country in the world for women and children. We believe it is a human right of every single individual to live free from violence. We collaborate in our work with 38 specialist frontline domestic violence services throughout Ireland who are members of Safe Ireland.
Reporting to the CEO you will be part of the senior management team of Safe Ireland and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Safe Ireland, managing the organization’s Finance, Human Resources, Governance Compliance and Administrative functions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining accounts general ledgers.
- Processing monthly payroll for 20+ staff.
- Management of cashflow and preparation of monthly cashflow projections.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the Board, to include P&L/Balance Sheet and analysis of variances.
- Preparation of SORP compliant annual accounts to trial balance stage, and liaising with external auditor.
- Preparation of Annual Directors Report.
- Organization of the annual AGM.
- Preparation of annual budgets.
- Management of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable.
- Processing of all invoices and set up of all EFT bank payments.
- Management of Company Pension Scheme.
- Management of Consultant & HR Contracts.
- Ensure compliance with public procurement guidelines.
- Preparation of grant/funding applications, Services Level Agreements, contracts and completing all returns (Scheme to Support National Organisations Tusla, HSE, Victims of Crime, Community Childcare Subvention Plus etc).
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register.
- Liaising with banks for all finance matters.
- Administration of the organizations insurance policy.
- Ensuring compliance with the Companies Registration Office, Charities Regulator, Lobbying Act, Revenue etc. and ensure all returns and submissions are submitted on time.
- Developing, implementing and updating all company policies and procedures – financial, governance, human resource, health & safety etc. and ensuring Safe Ireland is in compliance with the Charities Regulator Governance Code and all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ensuring Safe Ireland accesses efficient and up-to-date fin/tech and fin/ops management practices.
A Candidate Information Pack is available from email@example.com. To apply for the post complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon Wednesday, 25th November 2020. Late applications will not be accepted. It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Thursday, 3rd December 2020.